Obsolete Capitalism: NICK LAND :: A QUICK-AND-DIRTY INTRODUCTION TO ACCELERATIONISM @ cyberjacobite 25may2017
From Fanged Noumena - written when NL was much more left wing with many ideas coming from critique of capitalism.
- Capital is always attempting to de-territorialize/break down barriers/traditional structures of society
- These structures of society are, in the first place, built to prevent the cultural meltdown process that comes from unrestrained capital.
- Like taking the control rods out of a nuclear reactor
- Capital ends up in a closed loop
- Increasing commoditization
- Increasing industrialization
- These things mutually excite each other
- This creates a closed and positive feedback loop that continually accelerates
- Each step of one makes them both more efficient and advancement occurs more and more rapidly
- Self perpetuating and ever accelerating set of cycles
- This process also begins to manufacture demands instead of meeting them
- Mass consumerism
- Human needs end up in the rear-view mirror
- As things advance, humanity's ability to cope with these changes gets worse and eventually doesn't keep up.
- Capitalism then melts down
- Technocrats are proponents of accelerationism and are trying to push the gas to it.
- Human structures are all destined to eventually fall apart.
- Synchronization is required to keep things together, but accelerationism destroys syncronicity
- This ultimately leads to dis-integration
Back to Start Here
Tags: #nrx #politics #right