Rule 1: A Fren believes in humanity and a higher power
- There is no such thing as value neutral politics
- Politics is fundamentally about coalition-building (friend-enemy distinction)
- 2 General standard political priorities
- Preserving the survival of humanity through post-modernity
- Sustaining humanity's relationship with God
- Some might opt for "truth, goodness, and beauty" instead of God
- There is a requirement of a higher moral order
- Without these 2 political priorities together, there can be no cooperation
- These are essential elements for human thriving
- Nihilists cannot be trusted in our midst as they care for neither of these
Rule 2: Frens recognize liberal modernity's threat to human thriving and desire a new direction to ensure humanity's survival
- What is the subject of the Right's political activism?
- An opposition to the current global order of government managed technocracy/democracy
- This system sacrifices long-term human thriving for short term solvency and power
- It pushes out older life-giving traditions, neglecting their value and utility for humankind
- It displaces people, offering false promises of endless growth and consumer-driven lifestyles
- The "real right" understands that the root of these issues is derived from liberal secular modernity's presuppositions maybe even the Enlightenment itself
- There is no incremental step back to the "90's"
- Any correction at all will require radical change and break with the status quo.
Rule 3: Frens understand that boundaries are a core mechanism to foster independence and health in the face of modern society.
- Most conservatives are aware of modernity's corrosive nature and the need to separate from the system to foster human survival.
- Dissident groups seek boundaries to accomplish independence and separation from the toxicity of society (morally, geographically, economically, politically)
- We (dissident groups) are more unified by our common values and independent association
- We also share a common enemy in the global managerial class
- The managerial class (per DeJeuvenel) are always interested in humanities destruction and dehomogenation
- We stand against these processes
Rule 4: Frens make promises and keep them. Frens are capable of receiving loyalty, and giving it.
- Making and keeping promises is the most basic of right-wing values.
- The creation and maintenance of bonds is the opposite of the left-wing's agenda of dissolving all of society's bonds.
- Growth of trust is essential to this process, within our groups.
- The Left focuses on parasocial fake relationships and illusory comforts, we focus on truth, loyalty, and accountability, which result in genuine relationships.
Rule 5: Frens make their moral commitments explicit, no functional nihilism, no "View from Nowhere."
- The fundamental tool that allows dissidents to communicate from varying positions and build the bonds mentioned in Rule 4?
- Formalism - we say what we mean, and we mean what we say, we express what we believe and our own moral boundaries in a precise and clear language.
- Clear lines and language help develop the boundaries that keep us able to work together.
- Being able to express core beliefs explicitly:
- So they can be respected
- So that the position of critique cannot be used maliciously to deconstruct genuine beliefs while not defending a positive position or solution to whatever was being criticized.
Rule 6: Frens make an effort to understand other Frens' core loyalties.
- We may have independent ideas, but as we build a broad coalition, we need to try to understand each other to be able to:
- Work together
- Establish boundaries
- Establishing order
- Establishing peace
- Always ask more questions
- Assume conflict with allies is due to a misunderstanding
- Intellectualize disagreements so their impact is minimized and less personal
Rule 7: Frens respect other Frens' boundaries, even if those boundaries exclude them.
- The making of boundaries is important for all of the reasons above
- Exclusion and discrimination are hard to take when it is against you specifically
- But not every space is for you.
- Not every context is suited for your presence.
- Letting this go is the first step towards peace.
Rule 8: Frens attempt to de-escalate drama and dissolve disagreements.
- Chaos is the enemy of order (which is what we're trying to build). Drama leads to chaos.
- Drama is the driver in "personal politics" and "clout" and "internet beefs"
- This prevents building anything lasting
- Drama = feminine fighting
- Building = masculine concordance
- De-escalate drama whenever possible
Rule 9: Frens refrain from insulting core loyalties of other Frens.
- Not understanding or respecting these clear boundaries between factions of the coalition leads to issues with No 8 above.
- We should remember the notion of "fighting words" = these are calls to escalate conflict and should be avoided in coalition building.
- Gods, religious issues, wives, and children are always going to be potential land-mines and we should be respectful of each others' views in these areas.
- Same for direct attacks on a man's integrity/character or a woman's virtue.
Rule 10: Frens maintain care around secondary loyalties
- There is a large area for banter and locker-room talk such as ribbing.
- Be careful around these secondary loyalties
- Also don't feel that you need to directly defend these loyalties
- This allows certain things to be joked about among friends (avoid doing this in public spaces, of course).
- If some spectrum disorder prevents you from picking up on subtle context clues, avoid this all together.
Rule 11: Frens never punch right (no moral denouncements).
- The left's tactic is divide and conquer.
- They depend on conservatives reaching out to the left and gate-keeping to the right.
- Each of these expands their horizon and helps them guard their own flank
- Counter-signaling to those to our right just helps our enemies
- We have to stop punching right.
- But this is harder than it sounds because we don't actually want sociopathy, bigotry, or callousness among our ranks just because it is "based" and on the right.
- Any internal moral enforcement creates a wedge within our ranks that WILL be used by our enemies against our coalition.
The Left-Wing Cancellation Cycle:
- Moralizing - casting all political differences as moral failures
- Keep in mind the extreme cynicism of the left when moralizing, they have NO base values in truth.
- Smearing - using vague language to equivocate and magnify the issue into panic
- Collectivizing the moral panic - they harness the concept of "guilt by association"
- Used to trigger mass denouncements
- Not punching right = arresting this cycle at all stages while preserving other elements of normal human policing and enforcement.
Defeat the Cancellation Cycle:
- De-escalate - make sure you remove emotion from any attack on honor or disagreement with the allied individual(s) or community
- Intellectualize - frame the disagreement as a contention between factual matters. Create boundaries.
- Separate - develop a space for each moral system to operate and rules to keep the disagreement from escalating. Seek arbitrage from a higher authority
Rule 12: Frens avoid counter-signaling (jumping on Cathedral bandwagons or cancellation campaigns).
- This ties into the left's smearing language.
- Mainstream conservatives play into it by co-owning the left's terminology and they end up driving the Left's narrative
- Magical words - the left uses these to forward their goals - We must avoid using them, either against our own or against the Left.
Rule 13: Frens make themselves strong enough to hold the line, or make room for those who can.
- This is the last line of defense against the progressive cancellation cycle - Fortitude
- Much of the power of cancellation lies in fear, and a cascade of cancellation ramps that up.
- Stopping the cycle minimizes the fear factor and limits the "guilt by association" element.
- Make yourself a point of strength, and don't throw others under the bus or betray others to make yourself look better.
- If you aren't at a place where you can do this, that's ok... sit out a round, or take a "support" role in the project.
Rule 14: Frens always stay building
- Our side has to be producing something positive. That is the form "winning" takes for us.
- More resources for our side
- More and better wisdom
- Broader networks
- Best practices
- "A victory is anything which makes future victories easier or more likely." - Curtis Yarvin
Rule 15: Frens never dox or harass non-institutional targets.
- This is about the broader boundaries of cultural warfare.
- We want to avoid collateral damage to non-combatants.
- We also have limited resources, so spreading chaos and enlarging the scope of our "front" in this war makes things more difficult for us.
- This is also ethically questionable for those of us who are Christians
Rule 16: Frens always pursue self-improvement
- Pursue excellence in all things:
- Improving yourself improves your future and puts you in a better place even as everything seems to be sliding downwards all around us.
- This also sets us against the decline and makes us the beacon of sanity inside of "clown-world."
Rule 17: Frens always expand the coalition - Find new frens.
- We are building a coalition here. Don't try to go it alone.
- We need alliances everywhere to function in the current world order.
- We are either growing or dying.
Rule 18: Frens give and receive constructive criticism
- We must have thick skin
- Seek the benefit you can receive from the criticism regardless of how the criticism is delivered.
- Don't let yourself get butt-hurt about it.
- Criticism also helps us keep our egos in check
Rule 19: Frens forgive mistakes when asked
- The evil have no ability to forgive mistakes. This is a sign of weakness.
- The right has a strength in being able to forgive, even when it hurts our pride/ego.
- The internet does seem to make this very common.
Rule 20: Frens know others by their fruits.
- There is no replacement for genuine quality, virtue, and goodness.
- We know them by the quality of the fruits they produce in their lives
- This is clear in the real world.